Good morning, children!
Today you are going to use your comic strip to write your own narrative poem.
You will need to think about the following:
- length of lines (remember this is a narrative POEM, not prose)
- some lines might only contain one word, for example ... WOW!
- keep speech lines very short and give them their own lines
- what poetic devices will you use:
- alliteration (The sizzling sun)
- metaphor (It was a monster! - for example, when describing a crab)
- simile ( The sand glistened like sugar)
- rhyme (dash and splash, sand and band, shine and mine)
- rhythm (The dog that jumped and splashed and barked)
REMEMBER! You don't need to use all of these features at once. You wouldn't put whole tubs of chilli, pepper, paprika and salt in a stew ... SPRINKLE!!! Put a pinch of this and a pinch of that until it is just right!!!
I would love to see what you have written!