Good morning everybody!
For RE this week, I would like you to think about the Hindu pilgrimage to the River Ganges. Hindus believe that the River Ganges is a mother goddess and travel huge distances to bathe in her waters.
- Read the information sheet I have downloaded
- Look at the beautiful pictures on the powerpoint.
- Read the glossary to help you with your understanding.
- Find the river Ganges in an atlas or on google earth.
- Find the city of Varanasi.
When you have worked through all of the above, try to answer at least one of these questions:
- Why do Hindus go on pilgrimage to Varanasi?
- Why is it considered a good thing to be in the holy city of Varanasi at the time of your death?
- Describe similarities between the significance of water in the Hindu religion and the significance of water in one other religion.